The following definitions should be used as a guide to identify your career stage in your application:
Emerging or early career:
- you are under 30 years of age or in the first five years of professional practice
- you are not currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, and
- you are actively developing your practice in your sector. For example developing an exhibition profile, entering awards, creating work, participating in activities in your sector, collaborating with other artists.
- you have been a professional practicing artist, arts worker or arts administrator for between five and 15 years
- you are recognised by your peers in the sector, and
- you are actively establishing a professional profile in your sector.
- you have been a professional practicing artist, arts worker or arts administrator for over 15 years
- you are recognised nationally by your peers, and
- you have a demonstrated history working in your sector.