Tasmania Book Prize
This $25 000 award recognises the influence Tasmania has had on content or perspective and is supported by the Tasmanian government.
Entries for the 2015 Premier's Literary Prizes have now closed.
For all the shortlists for the 2015 Premier's Literary Prizes visit www.arts.tas.gov.au/plp
For the longlists visit www.arts.tas.gov.au/plp/longlists
Conditions of entry
- The nominated book must have been published in English for the first time between 1 August 2012 and 31 March 2015.
- A book is defined as a paper-based publication that is available for sale.
- Authors must be living on the date of entry.
- Books by Tasmanian writers may be eligible for both the Tasmania Book Prize and the Margaret Scott Prize.
- Shortlisted authors may be required for press interviews and promotional purposes before and after the announcement of the prizes.
- Shortlisted authors must make themselves available to participate in the Premier's Literary Prizes shortlist announcement event expected to be held in September 2015 and the winners' announcement events in late 2015.
- Shortlisted authors will allow Arts Tasmania to reproduce and disseminate an excerpt from the work for promotional purposes.
- Judges will advise Arts Tasmania on content eligibility and the decision of Arts Tasmania is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the judges decide that a nominated title does not meet the criteria, the entry fee will be refunded.
Additional eligibility criteria for Tasmania Book Prize
- A book with Tasmanian content may be nominated irrespective of where the author lives or where the publisher is based.
- A book by a Tasmanian writer or publisher can satisfy the Tasmanian content requirement where the judges recognise the influence Tasmania has had on its content or perspective.
- A panel of three judges, selected by Arts Tasmania in consultation with the University of Tasmania, will judge the entries for both the Tasmania Book Prize and the Margaret Scott Prizes.
- All decisions are final and no discussion or correspondence shall be entered into regarding the judging process.
Breach of conditions of entry will render an entry invalid.
Shortlist and announcement events
The shortlists for the prizes will be announced at the opening of the Tasmanian Writers and Readers Festival at Hadley's Orient Hotel in Hobart at 6pm on Friday, 11 September 2015.
The winners of the prizes will be announced at a gala event at Government House in Hobart on Wednesday, 2 December 2015.
Shortlisted authors and partners will be invited to the awards announcement functions and it is expected that shortlisted authors will participate in these events.