The Tasmanian Government Art Site Scheme Commission
|Artwork||Graphic artwork using toughened laminated glass panels|
|Artwork budget||$72 000 + GST (if applicable)|
|Location||Launceston General Hospital - Ward 4K|
Applications are sought from contemporary artists to create graphic artwork using laminated glass panels that will be incorporated into areas throughout the Paediatric Inpatient Unit (Ward 4K) at the Launceston General Hospital.
The main objective behind the inclusion of the artwork(s) in this environment is to make the space more welcoming and act as a distraction from the often difficult and traumatic experiences faced within the hospital environment. Aspects of the Tasmanian natural environment have been identified to underpin the artwork imagery and could be interpreted on a number of levels.
- Artist's Brief - Launceston General Hospital - Ward 4K - PDF
- Proposed artwork locations - Launceston General Hospital - Ward 4K - PDF
- Door sets - Launceston General Hospital - Ward 4K - PDF
- Existing glass panels - corridor entry - Launceston General Hospital - Ward 4K - PDF
- Tasmanian Government Art Site Scheme Artists' Handbook - PDF 3.1 MB
Submissions and enquiries
Applications are made using our online application form. Click on the link below to start a new application.
If you have any questions about this commission please contact Melissa Smith (03) 6777 2789 or email@example.com
Online applications close 11:59 pm, Sunday 4 March 2018